Sunday 5 May 2013

Knowing his liking for Scotch eggs, I thought John would be pleased about this

And talking of things Scottish, grrr...the Scots really annoy me.  Sorry, but it's true.  And it's not just because I've had more than one Scottish girlfriend.

Take this, for example.

Why does it make Scotland better than England, any more than it makes Scotland better than any other country in the world?  There's something seriously wrong with the Scottish psyche that they can only measure their own success in comparison to England.  If they were a person, Freud would have something to say.  the therapist bills would be enough to bankrupt the country.

Anyway, I will probably keep my thoughts to myself when we travel north to Edinburgh again this summer when The Cat and The Boy perform again at The Fringe.

I suspect they are like the child of a very famous and successful rock star or actor...always trying to prove their own worth, but really not having a fraction of the talent of their parent.  My apologies to  Peaches Geldoff.  And to my Scottish friends and relatives.  But really, the next time I hear the chant 'Anyone other than England'....

I will probably keep my thoughts to myself when we travel north to Edinburgh again this summer when The Cat and The Boy perform again at The Fringe.

How mad is this...another one of those PC nonsenses.  You can't tell children whether or not they have a Best Friend...we all like other people to a greater or lesser extent, and frankly it's distorting nature if we try and interfere at this emotional level.  Anyone want to be my BFF?

You can imagine how mad this made me feel.  If the bank is sold off, taxpayers will be facing a £20 billion loss.  So whilst the bankers who got the damn thing into the mess have got off largely Scott Free, we will have to pay for their greed, folly, selfishness.  Worse still, the bank has continued to pay outrageous salaries and eye-watering bonuses whilst most people have had to pull in the reigns...that is even if they have a job.  I'm sure the Tories would like to off load it, but common sense says that if it's back in profit, we should keep a hold of it until we the people who bailed it out get our money back....and some.