Tuesday 22 January 2013

Minding your Ps and Qs

I'm such a girl when it comes to shoes.  At one time I had 42 pairs.  That's a lot I know, when most blokes I know have one pair of shiny black ones, one battered pair of brown ones and a pair of trainers.  The reason is that everytime I dress to go out, I realise I don't have an appropriate pair.  The only answer is to buy a new pair.  With the snow this week, I realised that I don't have a pair of winter boots, so The Cat's Mother and I slipped and slid into the town centre  in search of a pair.  Loughton is full of coffee shops, opticians and TOWIE boutiques, but winter clothing is not in abundance, so I was quite pleased to find a pair I liked.  Designed by Alexander McQueen for Puma.  Yes, they probably wouldn't take you up Everest.  And there's the rub.  Literally.  By the time I walked down to the station yesterday morning and then at the other end to the office, I was practically crippled by the blisters.  Still they do look nice.

As I sauntered through Loughton yesterday morning on my way to the station, the workmen were hard at work clearing the pavement.  They were doing a very good job indeed, and I felt the urge to say a very loud thank you.  It often strikes me that the people who do the most important jobs get forgotten...and their efforts rarely acknowledged.  So here's a big thanks to everyone who has been and will be keeping the country running over the next few days.

I thought I would share a couple of pictures.

This one is quite atmospheric I think, and I took on my way home on Friday.


This one I took just before we broke up for Christmas....you get the effect by changing the zoom as the camera takes the picture...